Friday, December 7, 2012

The Velvet Hussar - Details

The fur hem is nearly complete.
I swear, when this part alone is done I'm going to dance around the house in victory!

In order to stitch the top edge of the fur to the coat, and get a nice roll-under of the pelt edge, I needed to machine some black bias tape to it. After folding it over, I had not only a nice clean edge to work with, but something much easier for thread and needle to sew securely to.


I am definitely taking the lint brush to the entire thing when all is done. So much fuzz...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.