Saturday, August 21, 2010

Waistcoat fabrics...

Today I was able to find some fabric for my gent's waistcoat.
I thought about going with a gold or cream colored silk taffeta, but instead we found this wonderful sage green/taupe shot silk. It looks beautiful with the burgundy velvet I have for the coat and breeches mentioned here.


We also found this flower and diamond patterned damask for another waistcoat; very 1780s. Perhaps not for wear with the cool-toned burgundy velvet, as its color is a bit on the warm side, but it would be nice with a dove grey, cream, or even deep gold coat & breeches.

I hope I have time this weekend to at least get started on the coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.