Thursday, August 19, 2010

The (almost) Lost Art Of Fly Fringe

Thanks to this little tutorial, those of us willing and patient enough can learn to recreate fly fringe, also known as fly braid. There are varying degrees of complexity, ranging from seemingly simple, to layered multitudes of color and texture.

This was a popular form of trim found on many gowns during the 18th c., and in some cases, even found on ensembles from the 19th century.

Follow this link and learn to get "knotty", the 18th century way (Ha! yeah, I know that was bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.