Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bodice Progress

Here it is as of yesterday evening.
The seams still needed clipping to smooth them out, and a little boning.
I'm taking it with us so I can at least hand sew on the button loops and some of the buttons.


The sleeves are cut out, minus the extra frill, but ready to go on when we get home tomorrow evening. I went with the narrower bell sleeve popular during the early 1850s, that has the slits from the cuff to about the inner bend of the arm.
I also found an antique collar the same ivory as the silk that will work wonderfully at the neck.
Cross your fingers I can finish it by the weekend! The skirt will need to wait until next week, but I have a few skirts that will work for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.