Saturday, June 29, 2013

So Many Buttons!

You know those scenes in old films or cartoons when a character finds piles of treasure, and dives in, swimming around in it? Well, that was me recently, thanks to my friend Anders.
I took a 'treasure bath'.
So. Many. Buttons. Gold, silver, and all very old. A few bakelite here and there. Plus, a ton of other stuff I need to keep secret for now. This photo is just a small sampling of the huge grip of stuff I snagged for myself.

Gold French military buttons in disintegrating pink tissue and card stock. The package with the exquisite handwriting is a never opened card of German silver braid. All of it probably from around WWI, and could be used for much earlier projects.
It's the stuff of romance....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.