Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Velvet Hussar Gown: Part II

I made a lot of progress on Sisi's velvet ensemble today.
There was only one near tragedy; I had accidentally cut one of the princess coat panels with the nap of the velvet going up instead of down. So I had to re-cut it and use up more fabric than I had wanted to.
Still, I think I have plenty to go into the lower panels of the skirt. I ordered an extra yard though, just in case.
The bodice to about hip level is flat-lined in a black cotton twill.

Here she is shown over my new hoop petticoat, again with no sleeves yet and not much to look at. I will wrangle the sleeves on tomorrow:



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too!
      The final fit is nice and smooth, I have one sleeve attached, and luckily it went on without too much fuss. I ended up having to take some excess out of the whole width of the sleeve, so that probably helped a lot.
      I'll have more photos soon :-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.