Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Strolling Amongst Greatness

This past weekend, my fiance and I attended, educated and entertained at "The Cult Of Beauty:The Victorian Avant-Garde, 1860–1900" at San Francisco's Museum at the Legion Of Honor.

He and a few fellow Dickens fair folk were invited by the museum to present artworks, acting as the artists themselves. Anders played James Whistler, who joined in amusing argument with others playing artists of his day. There was even a portion of a play acted out by said artists; Oscar Wild's 'The Importance Of Being Ernest".

Dark Garden Corsetry also had a display in the gallery next to ours, with live scenes of Aubrey Beardsley works, posed by models for onlookers to sketch.
It was an all-around day of beauty indeed.
This amazing showcase of some of the world's most prized Pre-Raphaelite works of art had to be one of the most amazing I have seen in a very long time.

Photos in the exhibit itself were obviously verboten, but one could take photos without a flash throughout the rest of the museum, and during the vignettes and mini plays.
I'll be posting those shortly. Anders snapped a few of me in my silk and velvet 1884 promenade gown, in some amazing settings. While they didn't turn out bad, I only wish we'd had more than an iPhone camera.
A couple of other friends captured an image or two during the day, that look much more professional.
I'll post more when I'm home and not at my work computer ;-)

Here is a nice one taken by Daniel Silveira:
The wrinkling at the bodice front bugs the hell out of me. I was wearing a different corset than the one I had fitted the bodice to originally, so it misbehaved a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.