Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Strolling Amongst Greatness

This past weekend, I attended, educated and entertained guests at "The Cult Of Beauty:The Victorian Avant-Garde, 1860–1900" at San Francisco's Museum at the Legion Of Honor.

A few fellow Dickens fair folk were invited by the museum to present artworks, acting as the artists themselves. There was even a portion of a play acted out by said artists; Oscar Wild's 'The Importance Of Being Ernest".

Dark Garden Corsetry also had a display in the gallery next to ours, with live scenes of Aubrey Beardsley works, posed by models for onlookers to sketch.
It was an all-around day of beauty indeed.
This amazing showcase of some of the world's most prized Pre-Raphaelite works of art had to be one of the most amazing I have seen in a very long time.

Photos in the exhibit itself were obviously verboten, but one could take photos without a flash throughout the rest of the museum, and during the vignettes and mini plays.
I'll be posting those shortly. My friend Anders snapped a few of me in my silk and velvet 1884 promenade gown, in some amazing settings. While they didn't turn out bad, I only wish we'd had more than an iPhone camera.
A couple of other friends captured an image or two during the day, that look much more professional.
I'll post more when I'm home and not at my work computer ;-)

Here is a nice one taken by Daniel Silveira:
The wrinkling at the bodice front bugs the hell out of me. I was wearing a different corset than the one I had fitted the bodice to originally, so it misbehaved a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.