Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hooray for Fabric.com

I was finally able to place an order for some scrumptious cotton velvet the other day for my frockcoat and breeches. yes, I'm starting off with something a bit dressy.



It's a rich burgundy wine shade, and I'm hoping to find a nice silk brocade to use for the waistcoat.
That's the neat thing about waistcoats; even if the fabric you want to use is some $80 per yard silk Lampas brocade, you still only need about 1.5 yards.
I have a seller on Ebay that has some amazing 18th century style silks that I'm currently eyeballing...and a company in Sweden that makes repro 18th century fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.