Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fabric mission accomplished

Not only did I find the perfect solid silk taffeta to use with my striped Georgian gown (Striped fabric swatch shown with it)....
I also acquired a silk satin damask I'd been lusting after since seeing it a few months ago.
My love decided to get it for me as a birthday present ;-)
The 8.5 yards of this will go into my Robe a la Francaise, and a waistcoat for him.
The colors are a gorgeous rich, warm rose color with a gold pattern in a 'Chinoiserie' figural theme. Hugely popular during the middle to late 18th century...

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - both gorgeous fabrics and that first one is a perfect match! Huzzah for fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.