Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dickens Fair Sewing - The Bonnet, Also In Progress

I must say with all the hand sewing this particular dress has required (mostly due to the trim style I chose), my fingers are in pain. Luckily today they felt less so, and allowed me to start on the bonnet I'll wear with it.
More photos on the way, this is one of the wire being applied to the buckram.



The hat is now built and waiting to be covered with the same fabric as the dress.
I'm hoping to use some vintage ribbon and velvet millinery flowers as trim in somewhat contrasting colors. While I'd like it to go well with the dress, I don't want it to look too blah. For lack of a better term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.